Senior Counsel, HR/Labor & Employment – TransUnion
What We’ll Bring:
We are looking for a Senior Counsel to support and advise the Human Resources team. This role will be a strategic and trusted partner to our HR team, providing day to day counseling and guidance on a broad range of issues in the employment area.
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You’ll Bring:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required and 4 -6 years of experience as a practicing attorney, with substantial experience in labor and employment, including counseling and litigation. In-house experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of labor and employment laws, regulations, and legal trends.
- Partner and collaborate with HR on policies, best practices, trainings, processes, and tool/templates; advise on the impact of laws and regulations.
- Experience in advising and practicing in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide legal support on administrative charges, including discrimination claims, wage claims and other federal and state employment-related investigations, and employment-related litigation.
- Advise on non-compete and non-solicitation matters.
- Provide legal advice and guidance concerning internal investigations on employment or workplace-related concerns.
- Help on additional matters such as international/global issues and projects; work-visa/immigration, benefits (retirement, compensation, health and welfare, and other benefit plans and programs), and mergers and acquisitions.
- A team player ready to work closely in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with strong executive communication skills and a practical, solution-oriented, and proactive approach.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (root cause analysis, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making).
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize, and handle a significant and diverse workflow in an effective and timely manner.
- Excel at working independently, while exhibiting sound judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
- Committed to personal development and willingness to learn.
Impact You’ll Make:
- Make impactful legal decisions and business recommendations for an innovative, dynamic, public company that is a leader in the global marketplace.
- Advise internal clients on legal and business issues and the implications of alternative positions to enable informed business decisions.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company-related business.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of pertinent developments within areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information and to apply: https://transunion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/transunion/details/Senior-Counsel—HR-Labor—Employment_19019423?q=counsel
Job Status: Open
Regions: Chicago, IL