See your Favourite Jobs! Jobs to Compare! Applied Jobs!
Assistant Corporate Counsel, Corporate & Securities – Ameren
The Assistant Corporate Counsel is responsible for a wide range of matters in the legal practice areas of securities regulation, corporate law and corporate governance. This position, which reports to the Director & Assistant General Counsel, Corporate, provides legal advice and support to internal Ameren clients relating to the area of specialty, including Ameren’s Financial Reporting, Investor Relations, Treasury, Sustainability, and other departments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide legal support and advice with respect to corporate governance practices, including preparation of materials for board and committee meetings, drafting of resolutions and recording minutes, and entity management.
- Provide legal support in connection with Securities and Exchange Commission and NYSE compliance, including preparation and review of periodic and current reports, Section 16 filings, and other disclosures, including Sustainability/ESG reporting.
- Provide legal support in connection with financing and capital markets activities, including registered and unregistered debt and equity offerings, credit facilities and other borrowing arrangements.
- Provide support in connection with annual shareholder meetings, including preparation of proxy statement, and related investor engagement activities.
- Draft and review documents and provide general legal guidance to company personnel on governance, securities and general corporate matters.
- Keep current with developments in the field of specialty to ensure compliance.
- Assist in coordination of matters handled by outside counsel.
- Be an integral part of interdepartmental project teams.
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) or Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school required.
- Three or more years of experience in the legal practice area in private practice, in-house or related government agency required.
- Must be licensed, eligible to practice or able to seek admission in Missouri and/or Illinois.
* Technical career path level and salary depends upon applicant’s credentials.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in and thorough knowledge of legal primary practice areas.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and human relations skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to successfully advise and represent clients.
- Proficiency in legal research, including Intelligize, Lexis/Westlaw and other applicable research services.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
For more information and to apply visit: https://ameren.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/St-Louis-MO/Assistant-Corporate-Counsel–Corporate—Securities-_024531
Job Status: Open