Senior Counsel, Securities and Corporate Governance – McDonald’s Corporation
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Corporate Legal department is seeking an attorney to assist with securities issues, corporate governance matters, financing transactions and general corporate law issues. This is a fiduciary role that ensures that the Company complies with relevant laws and rules and also monitors trends in the Company’s business performance, regulatory requirements as well as governance and disclosure practices among peer companies and counsels clients accordingly. The individual in this role is expected to work closely with clients (including senior level roles) to understand their needs and help them achieve business goals.
- Advise on SEC reporting, including Forms 10-K/Q, 8-K, and the proxy statement
- Advise on earnings and other financial releases
- Advise on corporate financing issues, including debt offerings and the share repurchase program
- Support the Corporate Secretary’s office on Board and Committee materials
- Assist with shareholder engagement on ESG matters
- Advise on Delaware law issues, including issues related to the by-laws or charter
- Provide legal support for ad-hoc projects for various departments, including treasury, investor relations, and accounting
- JD degree and admitted to practice in the U.S.
- 7+ years of experience in the field
- Prior in-house experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of SEC rules
- Knowledge of the NYSE listing standards and reporting requirements
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate complex issues effectively to senior level business leaders
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
To apply: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/McDonaldsCorporation/743999725470313-senior-counsel-securities-and-corporate-governance
Job Status: Open
Job Type: Legal