John Deere-Attorney Development Program
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
As an employee in our Attorney Development Program, you will have the opportunity to practice in a variety of areas of law, interface and collaborate with business stakeholders, and work closely with in-house practicing lawyers. You will be presented with the opportunity to develop a solid foundation of diverse experiences, build your network, and explore career paths within the practice of law inside a corporation. You will refine your skills by performing legal and regulatory research, conducting data analysis, drafting contract provisions, assisting in litigation, analyzing business strategies and activities, and advising business stakeholders. Attorney Development Program employees participate in two 12-month rotational assignments. The first rotation will focus on two substantive areas: relationships with John Deere suppliers and our John Deere brand and trademarks. Responsibilities will include advising business stakeholders, reviewing and drafting contracts, and conducting legal analysis and data analysis. The second rotation will focus on two other substantive areas: product liability and trade regulation. Responsibilities in this rotation will include conducting legal research, reviewing and drafting contracts and proposed legislation, analyzing business strategies and activities, advising business stakeholders, and assisting in litigation, which may include discovery, electronic discovery, and attending depositions or mediations.
What Makes You Stand Out
· Flexible individuals with a critical thinking mindset, willing to collaborate with others to make a positive impact.
· Intellectual curiosity and a positive attitude, with a passion to learn new things and tackle analytical challenges.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively across many diverse internal groups, teams and divisions.
· A demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Enrolled in an accredited degree program to receive a Juris Doctorate in May 2022 (or recently graduated)
· Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, with preference for 3.25 GPA
· Attorney Development Program employees must be admitted to practice law in Illinois; new graduates must be planning to sit for and be admitted to the Illinois Bar in 2022.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability
Job Status: Open
Job Type: Legal
Regions: IL, Moline