Employment Litigation Associate – Jackson Lewis P.C.
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies, and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. We are a Mansfield Certified Plus firm, having affirmatively considered women, attorneys of color, LGBTQ+ attorneys, and attorneys with disabilities for recruitment, governance roles, equity partner promotions, and inclusion in formal pitches to clients. The Firm has also been recognized as a “Gold Standard Firm” by the Women In Law Empowerment Forum and was ranked as a “Best Law Firm for Women” by Working Mother’s.
This position is located in Chicago, IL. Attorneys in the Firm’s Chicago office handle a wide variety of workplace law matters, with a heavy emphasis on employment litigation in federal, state and local agencies and courts.
Successful candidate will handle defense of agency charges of discrimination and lawsuits involving a broad range of employment related claims and will provide advice and counsel involving related issues. The ideal candidate for this position would be an experienced employment litigation attorney who produces excellent work product, enjoys a friendly, collegial work environment, and excels when working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence.
Skills and Educational Requirements
- JD from accredited law school with excellent academic credentials
- 3+ years’ experience handling employment litigation before agencies and courts
- Current Illinois Bar admission or ability to obtain admission
- Experience should include preparing for, defending, and taking depositions; handling discovery independently, including e-discovery and motion practice; and preparing motions and briefs, including motions for summary judgment
- Excellent legal research, writing and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Initiative, attention to detail, team orientation and professionalism
We offer a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity (M/F/V/D) employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Status: Open
Job Type: Legal