Counsel/Senior Counsel, Technology Practice Group – McDonald’s Corporation
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
This role will involve working with a global team of attorneys to support McDonald’s Global Technology and Digital Customer Engagement (DCE) organizations, as well as other McDonald’s organizations, in executing its strategy to drive growth of a better McDonald’s through technology. In addition to serving the client, this role will contribute to the Technology Practice Group’s role as technology law resource for our Legal colleagues around the world and at MHQ.
- You will provide day-to-day legal and business advice to select departments and groups within Global Technology and DCE. Such day-to-day advice includes collaborating with senior leadership of these organizations to develop corporate strategies addressing issues such as risk mitigation, supplier management, information security and governance.
- You draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts for McDonald’s Global Technology and DCE, including synthesizing issues and options for decision makers.
- You work collaboratively across various Legal and client teams.
- Represent the Legal department on cross-functional projects.
- You actively participate on project teams to consider and advise on applicable laws and ways to minimize potential brand risk to McDonald’s.
- You identify and understand the potential legal risks associated with each initiative and engage domestic and international attorneys with subject matter expertise to address such risks and provide practical, solution-based advice to clients.
- You act as the primary legal support for each project team, and facilitate and lead the participation of all attorneys required for the project.
- You engage with and advise senior management charged with owning the project on legal and business issues.
- You develop innovative approaches to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
- You participate effectively and constructively as a member of the team.
- You will be a strategic partner and trusted advisor on legal and non-legal issues.
- You will effectively communicate with and influence clients at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- You will establish proactive and trustworthy relationships with clients as well as other members of the legal organization globally.
- You will work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a dynamic, demanding environment.
- JD with relevant legal experience required;
- Experience handling commercial relationships;
- Commercial contracts experience required, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising on technology-based contracts preferred;
- Knowledge of issues affecting technology and digital initiatives, including software development and licensing, accessibility, open source, E-discovery, intellectual property, and data privacy;
- Experience with digital payments and cashless environments preferred;
- Corporate in-house experience is preferred;
- Proven track record to identify risks and to comfortably make risk recommendations and decisions, escalating where appropriate;
- Ability to contribute to, influence, and frequently lead cross-functional teams;
- Comfortable with and effective in dealing with uncertainty and change;
- Intellectual curiosity, especially as it relates to advances in technology.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
To apply: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/McDonaldsCorporation/743999752432313-counsel-senior-counsel-technology-practice-group
Job Status: Open
Job Type: Legal