Associate General Counsel – Sphera Solutions
The Associate General Counsel will play a key role in Sphera’s continuing growth and success, by serving as a valued partner to executive management and company leaders in the Sales, Finance, HR, Product, Services and IT teams, and in establishing and maintaining strong and profitable client relationships. The Associate General Counsel is a critical member of the company’s legal team, supporting the General Counsel legal strategy and team development. The Associate General Counsel will serve as a trusted legal advisor for operations and corporate functions both domestically and internationally.
- Partnering with the General Counsel to support the commercial needs of Sphera’s fast-growing global operations, including developing and maintaining working knowledge of Sphera’s business by building relationships with the relevant sales and other business team partners.
- Reviewing and preparing complex commercial agreements, including SaaS, professional services, consulting, vendor, data processing and affiliate agreements, as well as a wide variety of other types of contracts, with global and regional scope.
- Partnering with senior management and the General Counsel to align contract templates, positions, and processes with business strategy.
- Providing counsel and transactional support to leaders across business functions on a wide variety of legal matters, including employment law, intellectual property, compliance, corporate governance, M&A, data privacy and others.
- Advising internal clients on legal rights, obligations, and risks.
- Managing and coordinating outside counsel both domestically and internationally where appropriate.
- Assisting the General Counsel with team management and training, sales team collaboration and training and other legal operations and strategy matters.
Experience and Personal Qualities
- S. licensed attorney, admitted to practice and in good standing in one or more states in the United States, with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (including experience working as in-house counsel).
- Substantial experience working with an internal sales organization on B2B contracts is required; experience in the software industry (including SaaS/cloud offerings) or at a technology company is highly desirable.
- Strong negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to understand and clearly communicate complex legal issues to business teams and counterparties.
- Working knowledge of data privacy and security requirements is preferred.
- Experience handing intellectual property issues is preferred.
- Additional experience in other substantive legal areas is desirable but not required (e.g. employment law, corporate law, compliance, M&A)
- Experience working in a fast-paced/high-growth environment is preferred.
- Confident, proactive and self-disciplined, with proven problem-solving skills and use of good judgment.
- A Team Player with a positive attitude; willing to engage in knowledge sharing across legal team.
For more information and to apply, contact Vanessa Vidal at [email protected] and note that you saw the posting on the Chicago Committee site.
Job Status: Open
Location: Chicago, IL