The Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms is seeking a Program Coordinator to plan and facilitate programming, as well as assist with administrative duties and other projects.
The Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms (Chicago Committee) is a not for profit organization that promotes racial and ethnic diversity and inclusion within large law firms in Chicago.
The Program Coordinator would plan, organize, design, facilitate, and execute programming for the Chicago Committee, as well as assist with administrative duties, day to day operations, and other projects for the Chicago Committee. The Program Coordinator would also handle marketing tasks in support of the programming, including email distribution, social media, program materials, website updates, etc. The Program Coordinator would have primary responsibility for assisting the Associate Board of Directors regarding their meetings, events and programs, and other general activities. The Program Coordinator would also be responsible for assisting the Executive Director on various other administrative tasks as needed. The Program Coordinator also would manage any interns in the office.
The Chicago Committee is seeking a full-time employee who is able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings at programming events each month.
- The applicant should have the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree or at least two years of experience working in the legal field or in program development
- The applicant must be proficient with Outlook and Dropbox
- The applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- The applicant must be proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- The applicant must have excellent writing, editing and grammar skills
- The applicant must be highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and interested in issues related to diversity and inclusion
- A background of working in a larger law firm or other professional services firm setting, or familiarity with larger law firms in Chicago, would be preferred but not required
- A background of working on web or graphic design would be preferred but not required
The Chicago Committee is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, via email, with “Program Coordinator Position” in the subject heading, to the following address: [email protected] .