Core Job Responsibilities: Work with key stakeholders across different corporate functions,
organizational levels, divisions and countries to ensure critical practices are properly implemented,
including the following responsibilities:
• Develop employee communications, quick reference guides, and training content and deployment to
targeted audiences to support effective change management regarding key Information Governance
• Work collaboratively with IG team colleagues and business stakeholders to identify and enact
updates to Abbott’s Records Retention Schedule, record types and/or retention requirements.
• Develop employee communications and awareness of Abbott’s File Clean-Up Day program,
monitoring local File Clean Up Day activity effectiveness to ensure compliance with Abbott’s
Records Retention Schedule, and modifying program activities as needed.
• Develop new and/or updated content for Abbott’s Information Governance Portal to ensure the
information regarding employee management of Abbott Data remains fresh and relevant.
• Drive the implementation and oversight of Abbott’s IG Liaison program, including identification and
training of local IG teams, as well as communication and monitoring of local IG team activities.
• Provide guidance to ensure that all IG programs are in full compliance with applicable legal and
regulatory requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
Other core responsibilities may include:
• Manage cross-functional initiatives with senior leaders in IT, Quality, Audit, and other functions.
• Formulate strategy to increase value and visibility of information, privacy, cybersecurity, data
management and governance (e.g., analytics), and records retention issues.
• Conduct analysis and advise on data management, record management, and other regulatory
• Promote compliance with legal, regulatory, financial, and operational data management and record
keeping requirements (e.g., appropriate retention, defensible destruction of unnecessary data).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• Bachelor’s degree (required)
• J.D. (Preferred)
• Professional certifications in various technical areas related to IG are preferred but not required
(e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, Information Governance Professional (IGP), Enterprise Content
Management (ECM), Electronic Records Management (ERM))
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, capable of influencing vertically and horizontally
across the organization, and managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Can comprehend and explain complex legal issues and business processes to varied audiences
• Strong independent performer capable of thriving with little supervision, and able to collaborate and
work successfully in a diverse team environment
• Can analyze different types of problems, make recommendations and develop/evaluate/implement
complete and creative solutions
• Must be a strategic thinker who challenges the status quo and is able to develop/implement the IG
and records management vision for the company
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being
actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the
growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter
@AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal