SEEKING SUMMER MENTORS!
The Chicago Committee is bringing back its pipeline program, LegalTrek, for the summer of 2018 and we are looking for summer mentors. LegalTrek is a program that introduces the basics of being a lawyer to undergraduate students who intend to pursue a career in law. Mentors must commit to meet with their mentee three times over the summer, and we ask that mentors provide their mentee with honest and constructive feedback.
In the summer of 2018- we ask the following of the mentors:
- Make initial contact with your mentee by June 20, 2018.
- Invite your mentee to your office for a tour, followed by a lunch.
- Come to their class & work with them on a mock oral argument, mock negotiation, or mock trial.
- Coaching and judging a mock oral argument – June 27, 2018 2:45 to 4:30 p.m.
- Coaching and critiquing a mock negotiation – July 18, 2018 from 2:45 to 4:30 p.m.
- Coaching and judging a full mock trial – August 1, 2018 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and/or 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Have one additional in-person meeting with your mentee. Some suggestions include: coffee, lunch, inviting them to a court call to observe, attending an additional legal event together, or attending their LegalTrek Graduation Ceremony on August 8, 2018 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
If you are interested in being a mentor, contact Brittany Terumoto, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please respond by June 1, 2018 to be considered as a mentor for LegalTrek.